Wednesday, June 15, 2011

These Are the Words I Held Back As I Was Leaving Too Soon:

Let me back up to the last day of the school year.
When the bell rang, we all rushed outside and Tia (code-name) and I were standing near the bus, shedding a few tears as we were hugging another best friend of mine. After we climbed onto the bus, I saw a the majority of my classmates all scattered about underneath the big tree at the front of our school giving out hugs and goodbyes and taking pictures. Arien was out there, obviously, since those people out there were a part of his clique, so I (impulsively) decided to run off the bus and hug some of my good friends and just be with them a bit. As I was hugging Reese (name has been changed), Arien was just a couple of feet away from me, hugging a friend of his. As he let go at the same time that I let go, I quickly made a decision. I gave him a high-five and said, "Have a great summer, Arien." (I used his real name, of course.)
I've left you wondering, now, haven't I? I could have hugged him, but that decision I made was to not hug him.
Why? Well, as much as I wanted to, I thought that maybe I shouldn't, since he's so shy, and he's knows that I like him (along with quite a few of his friends). He may not have wanted that attention. Also, for a split second after we let go of the people that we were hugging, he turned away slightly, almost as if he didn't want a hug, and was trying to avoid it. So, I didn't give him a hug.
Sometimes I wonder if I should have told him that I was enchanted to meet him. I don't know. Maybe I'll get a chance in the future. Who knows?

"I was ~E~N~C~H~A~N~T~E~D~ to meet you."

No comments:

Post a Comment